Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Earth is round..we ll meet again

After completing Intermediate the summer was idle, no books, no coaching classes only time to pass as we wait to enter a new phase of life. EAMCET – a means of securing seat in best engineering college. I did write other competitive exams like IIT-JEE and AIEEE but couldn’t secure a rank. I know where I am going to do my engineering. It was the most prestigious college “OSMANIA UNIVERSITY”. At that time I know it was not the best for me but a better one. It was a kind of tradition in our family to do engineering in this college. I was the third member to complete my graduation here.

On the first day of college when I stepped in I thought that this place is going to be different. It won’t be like any other college. It has got to be different. I will make it different. I am gonna make friends for lifetime. Four years was a pretty eon.

First year – When I was scared to do anything. To escape from seniors torture called ragging. Only books and classes made my days.

Second year – This is the time to wear the new caps called “seniors”. Time to make rules, own land.

Third Year – Still in the mood to enjoy but also at the same time to lay some foundation. Totally confused but still the cool dudette

Fourth Year – Got a place in the rat race... No more tensions, no more worries…full on mastiiiii

Slowly I have completed all the four years of my stay in this college. I went thru many ups and downs but also learnt how to live. At one moment I was on cloud9 when I got placed.. “even I am going to earn now.” The next I was in the abyss when my roll no. was missed in the list of passed candidates. “Why don’t I learn from my mistakes?”

The last sem rolled on within a blink. I was not worried about it. After all it’s the people who make home not the bricks... Everyone was feeling bad. Everyone started taking and giving things, filling slam books. But we still had our farewell to meet for one last time. On 4th may 2008 our juniors organized a farewell party “SWANSONG” for us. We had loads and loads of fun, the rose ceremony, dace performances, yummy free food, rocking disco and one last assignment of our BE life filling juniors slam books hehehe… As any other day even this came to an end. I was still in the party mood. But the pub owner was ready to kick us out. Everyone started shaking hands and wishing “all the best” to each other. Within minutes the whole cheering crowd vanished. All the giggling faces disappeared. It felt like we are never going to meet again or rather don’t want to meet again. We are never going to cross each other.

Comon guys earth is round definitely we are going to meet again and please do remember my name. Don’t just babble that... “Hey your face looks familiar... Did we meet before somewhere?? Do we know each other?” If someone really wants too, there are many ways to stay in contact. We can have our own get-togethers, birthday parties, and not to forget there are 60 marriages to attend. (If u invite us, you can get a gift dude. think over it.)

I want to end it with just one note, as you enter the new phase of life don’t forget that past always resurfaces…

5 comments:

  1. crisp n cool....very nicely put... n yeah... v r of cors gonna meet many times frm now..but v vll always miss dat care-free life n bewarse things v did as a student in da future.. :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey im not able able to sign in with my account... my bros account is only comin.. i dont know y.. thats y tat comment is on my bro's name.. [this also.. :P] tat deleted one also mine only.. my bro name na.. so del but my account not comin.. k na.. (vishnu)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha.. cool thoughts.. wat to say.. santh said all.. [;)] well ya.. we enjoyed these beautiful day.. & i dont think we r gonna forget each other.. so dont worry.. when i see u.. ill say "hi..." but not "who r u??" k na.. [:P]

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm.... those 2 ppl said wat every1 wants 2 say... and i dont thnk v ll b able 2 attend 60 marriages baby... ya v ll attend 20-30 hehehe... neways vnice and vcrisp...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oiii
    farewill pic ...nenu kanpadatledhu
    aa pic petaventi
    huh..

    ReplyDelete